Monday, January 3, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

It's officially the New Year and I can't say for certain if there are any positive changes in our home. We spent New Years Day packing up the holiday decorations and trying to organize. Possibly this is a sign of our age or the need to have some downtime following the hectic pace of the holidays.

The obvious New Year connection most people make is with resolutions. Well, like most, I set goals and resolve to improve myself. Not comfortable with failure, I take time to carefully consider my resolutions before making them. Resolutions should be manageable, specific and measurable when possible. I'm willing to put forth the effort, but I need reachable goals that will contribute to a sense of accomplishment. So, this year, I resolve to...

  1. Strengthen my faith (attend services on a regular basis)
  2. Be a supportive and loving wife
  3. Provide a safe and loving home for our son (Patience as a result of #1)
  4. Lose 20 lbs.
  5. Graduate from UST with my undergrad
  6. Find employment
  7. Reduce the clutter in my home - everything has a place or must go!!!
  8. Learn to knit/crochet (left over from 2010)
  9. Improve my finances (tied to #6)
  10. Be realistic and accepting of those things that I can and cannot control

Some of these items are vague - but they provide a framework for improving my life. Publishing them on our blog makes them real. Priorities change - but values do not. I value my faith, family and friends and everything else that makes those relationships healthy and whole.

I pray that 2011 brings health and happiness to all and the peace of mind that everything is as it should be. We control our attitude and that is all.

Peace,

Travis, Andrea & Jonathon

No comments:

Post a Comment